New Patient Registration
If you live within our practice area (parts of E3) you are welcome to register with us (you can check this by clicking here). Please note that NHS Choices does not accurately reflect our catchment area). IF YOU DO NOT LIVE IN OUR CATCHMENT AREA YOU ARE UNABLE TO REGISTER WITH US.
1. Check you are in our catchment area checking the Practice Boundary here. If you are not in our area you are unable to register with us. If you continue and submit pre-registration details for an out of area address we will not attempt to contact you. The details will just be deleted so please check to avoid a wasted journey.
2. Complete your Pre-Registration Details here . Please provide as much information as possible.
To complete your registration you will then need to come to the surgery where you will need to:
The Pre-registration service has now been fixed - apologies for any inconvenience
3. Bring in Proof of Address and Photo ID and show it to reception who will double check any gaps in the information provided by the Pre-Registration process.
4. Complete a short form that can be done in advance by clicking here
5. Use our SurgeryPod - no appointment needed - to complete a medical questionnaire and to check your Height, Weight and Blood Pressure.
You can register at our practice anytime during opening hours. However, please be advised that during our busy periods between 8am - 9.30am and 2pm - 4pm you may have to wait longer for assistance.
And that’s it – you will be registered at the practice and can start booking appointments and using our other services.
Please note that you must come to the surgery within 2 weeks of completing your Pre-Registration Details to finish your registration. If not you will need to start the process again. Completing your pre-registration details does not make you a patient at the practice. You must complete the other steps before you can see a doctor or use our other services.
If you have a long term condition such as Diabetes or COPD we would recommend that you make an appointment with a GP after registering to get everything set up for you such as any medication you are on. We will receive your past medical history in due course but there can be a significant delay in this information reaching us.
Busy Times & Exceptions for Completing your Registration:
Please note that the surgery is particularly busy between 8:00am- 8:30am and between 14:00pm-14:30pm. You are welcome to come in at these times to complete your registration but please be aware that the process may take longer than normal.
Please do not come later than 15 minutes before we are due to close to ensure that there is enough time to complete the registration.
Baby Clinic: The SurgeryPod is not available on 1st, 3rd and 5th Tuesday of the month between 14:00pm-16:00pm due to our Baby Clinic and so we are unable to complete patient registrations at this time.
If you do not feel confident about using the SurgeryPod additional assistance is available on Monday & Tuesday pm and on Friday am from Angela. Please just ask at reception. If you feel that you would be unable to use the surgery pod even with assistance please call reception who will organise an alternative way for you to register.
The practice does not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, social class, age, religion, sexual orientation or appearance, disability or medical condition.
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide below.
A Patient Guide to GP Services