This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Social Prescribing

What is Social Prescribing?

Have you ever wanted to see your GP for anything that isn’t a medical issue but is still affecting your health, maybe you are feeling a bit low, isolated, unsupported or worried about housing or debt, in these instances and many more your Social Prescribing Community Link Worker is just the person to help. A Community Link Worker helps to support and signpost you to local community services to improve your health and wellbeing. The service is for adults over the age of 18 who reside in Tower Hamlets.

What services are there to offer?

There is a large number of Community Services you could be signposted to here is just a few:    

  •  Employment, training and volunteering
  •  Education and learning
  •  Housing support and advice
  •  Healthy lifestyles and active lives
  •  Financial support and advice
  •  Arts, music, outdoors and creativity
  •  Befriending, counselling and other support groups                                                                              
  •  Benefits support and advice                                                                  

How can I be referred to social subscribing?

Contact your GP or health professional for a referral to your Community Link Worker or simply ask at your GP practice reception to self refer and the receptionist staff will book you into the next available slot with the Community Link Worker.

What will happen in the consultation?

Once a referral is made, the Community Link Worker will make contact with you via telephone to arrange a face to face consultation. During the initial consultation, you will talk about your reason for referral and together, you and your Community Link Worker will explore different community services which are specialised in tackling your current issue. Contact will then be made with the selected local community service and a referral will be processed.

How do I get in touch or find out more?

Should you wish to discuss a particular referral or find out more about the service, please talk to your local health care specialist or contactus with the details below.



Telephone number: 020 8709 4654                                                                                          

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website