How to request medication
You can request your current prescribed medication
- Online via NHS App or other online access portal (Patient Access, Evergreen Life etc)
- via Accurx
- in Person
- via your chemist (from 6/2/23 some restrictions will apply)
- via telephone (strictly known housebound patients only)
For any new medication, old/past medication or changes you want to discuss please send your request via Accurx so that we can arrange a time to speak to a clinician if needed.
Some medication requires additional monitoring but not necessarily an appointment with a clinician – please see the links below for more information.
What must be included in your request
For all requests please include:
- your details
- the name and dose of the medication
- any mitigating circumstances we should be aware of e.g. you are going on holiday so are requesting early.
If the above information isn’t included then the request will be rejected until you provide the required information.
When to request your medication
Requests made too early (more than 1 week before they are due) will be rejected unless you tell us any mitigating circumstances as above.
Please allow 24 working hours for prescription requests to be processed.